Brighten up your time at home with this Rainbow Waffle recipe brought to you by Nutritionist, Sarah Moore.
1 cup rolled oats*
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons cornflour
1 tablespoon white sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup milk
Food colouring (red, blue and yellow)
Extra virgin olive oil spray
Vanilla or Honey flavoured Greek yoghurt, to serve
- Place the oats in a food processor or bullet blender and blitz until the texture of flour. Add the baking powder and cornflour and blitz again for 2 seconds until combined. Add the vanilla, egg and milk and pulse until well combined.
- Divide the batter among six bowls. Add food colouring to each to make purple, blue, green, yellow orange and red. Let the batter rest for 10-15 minutes and preheat the waffle maker on high heat.
- Lightly spray the waffle maker with oil. Spoon the mixtures into the waffle maker, starting with purple in the centre and working your way out with circles of the other colours, finishing with red.
- Gently close the lid and cook according to your waffle maker’s instructions; around 5-6 minutes or until it stops steaming. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Cut in half and serve with two cloud shaped dollops of Greek yoghurt.
*For lighter waffles, use ½ cup rolled oats and add ½ cup flour with the baking powder and cornflour.
This bright and colourful recipe is brought to you by Nutritionist, Sarah Moore.